Monday, July 14, 2008

Monday Day 1





Monday was a day filled with errands! My evening gown was steamed and is now wrinkle free, by morning my new "mystic tan" should start to appear, my new nails look great.

I had my very own "Miss Congeniality" deja vu today. Kimberly Meehan, Mrs. New Jersey called my room today and wanted to meet in person to discuss our trip to the children's shelter tomorrow and our pajama donation program. She wanted to meet in person and said she would be right up. She knocked on our door and immediately hug both Kevin and I and hopped up on our bed and we just started chatting away like we were BFF's! I was immediately reminded of the scene in "Miss Congeniality" where the contestant knocked on Sandra Bullock's door and wanted to share hot chocolate with her and came right in and became an instant friend. Mrs. New Jersey's beauty is only surpassed by her warmth and compassion.

Today at the hotel I met former Mrs. United States, Shannon Devine! She is representing the state of North Carolina her mother and friend Jamie Shaw - the famous designer of pageant swimsuits! Shannon has a delightful little southern drawl and in person she is much prettier than her pictures!

A huge picture board of all the contestants has been posted in the main foyer of the hotel lobby. I will get a picture of it tomorrow.

Brenda Mee
Mrs. Idaho International 2008






Top Picture:
Mrs. Idaho Intl Brenda Mee with Mrs. North Carolina Intl Shannon Devine.

Picture #2
Brenda and Kimberly Meehan Mrs. New Jersey met to discuss plans for tomorrows trip to the Mantle Educational Center and the PJ drive.

Bottom Picture:
The International banner hanging on the outside of the Double Tree Hotel where the ladies will be staying.

No comments: